Aim and ScopeCurrent global megatrends are among the most recent and the most discussed scientific issues not only in scientific and political circles. These problems intensively resonate also in broader public, mainly because of the direct impact not only on the landscape and ecosystems, but because of their direct impact on human society, the environment and also on the social and physical health of population. The relationships between the global changes and megatrends of social development are more or less unknown and there is a big gap in the knowledge of their impact on the landscape, its elements, phenomena and processes. The consequences of many changes are accumulating. These relationships are extremely complex and require new approaches – in the form of multidisciplinary research in the interaction with social and natural sciences, and not only on the informative level. Linking new knowledge and management policies is necessary, since the trends of global changes clearly influence the quality of the decision-making processes, in particular land management, spatial planning process and regional development. At present, the complex issue of global megatrends is very actual because of its significant social impact at national, european and even international level. This topic is primarily motivated by ensuring sustainable development. Aim of the conference is to develop creative discussion in the research of assessment of global megatrends and elimination of their negative consequences and impacts on the landscape and society.
We address research, planning, decision making and governance approaches from international to regional and local scales including environmental (management) planning, planning and development of land / social-ecological systems or networks.
- Mapping and assessment of ecosystem services and biodiversity - dealing with global trends and drivers
- Modelling and assessment of global change impacts on urban and rural landscapes
- Impacts of global changes on the sustainable provision of natural resources
- Regional, rural and urban development - future instruments and approaches
- Supporting decision and communication processes related to global change impacts on landscapes
Special IssueWe are pleased to inform that those abstract finally accepted will be invited to participate on a Special Issue of the journal "Change and Adaptation in Socio-Ecological Systems (CASES)" and journal Ekológia (Bratislava) – "International Journal for Ecological Problems of the Biosphere". Instructions will be sent together with the acceptance communication.
Main Organizer:The European Land-use Institute (ELI)
- Institute of Landscape Ecology, Slovak Academy of Sciences (ILE SAS)
- Slovak Ecological Society (SEKOS)
- Centre for Social and Psychological Sciences, Slovak Academy of Sciences (CSP SAS)
- International Association of Landscape Ecology (IALE)
- The Global Network for Forest Science (IUFRO)
- Faculty of Natural Sciences, Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra (UKF Nitra)
- Horticulture and Landscape engineering Faculty, Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra (FZKI SPU Nitra)
Organizational Committee:Mgr. Barbora Šatalová, PhD.
Mgr. Ivana Haladová, PhD.
Mgr. Ivan Laco
Scientific committee (preliminary)associate prof. Dr. Zita Izakovičová (SK)
Prof. Dr. László Miklós (SK)
Prof. Dr. Christine Fürst (DE)
Dr. Luis Inostroza (DE)
Dr. Marcin Spyra (DE/PL)
Prof. Dr. Jürgen Breuste (A)
Prof. Dr. Emilio Diaz (ES)
Dr. Daniele La Rosa (IT)
Prof. dr hab. Andrzej Mizgajski (PL)
Dr. Károly Kocsis (H)
associate prof. Vladimír Herber (CZ)
Dr. Martina Lubyová (SK)
Prof. Dr., František Petrovič (SK)
associate prof. Ing. Klaudia Halászová (SK)
Ing. Július Oszlányi (C MAB UNESCO)